CFP: Summer Academy of Atlantic History 2015
Summer Academy of Atlantic History
Atlantic History in Global Perspective
New Research on Atlantic History and Beyond
25 – 28 August 2015
For the fourth Summer Academy of Atlantic History we invite applications from PhD students working on the history of the Atlantic World between the 15th and 19th centuries. We are particularly interested in applications that situate the Atlantic experience in a more global perspective but will also consider applications that exclusively focus on the Atlantic World.
The fourth Summer Academy will be hosted by Dr Sarah Barber, Lancaster University. As well as providing the selected students with an opportunity to present papers and engage in discussion with tutors and their fellow students on their research, the Summer Academy will also host keynote speakers who will address broad themes appertaining to Atlantic History.
Prospective student participants should send a CV and a summary of their research projects to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2014. Successful applicants will be notified by 15 October 2014.
Organizers and steering committee:
– Prof Bernard Bailyn (Harvard University, USA)
– Dr. Sarah Barber (Lancaster University)
– Prof Trevor Burnard (University of Melbourne, Australia)
– Prof Nicholas Canny (NUI Galway, Ireland)
– Dr Lauric Henneton (Univ. Versailles-Saint-Quentin, France)
– Prof Susanne Lachenicht (Univ. Bayreuth, Germany)
– Dr Ben Marsh (Univ. of Kent, UK)
– Prof Philip D. Morgan (Johns Hopkins University, USA)
– Prof L.H. Roper (SUNY New Paltz, USA)